Calling all Nibbles fans…
Little Tiger and Emma Yarlett are delighted to announce an exciting new competition offering entrants the opportunity to get their own picture of Nibbles included in the next Nibbles Picture Book publishing in 2024.
The competition opens today (18th September 2023) and entrants must submit a hand drawn picture of Nibbles which will form part of an interior library scene in Nibbles: The Very Hungry Book Monster. The competition is open to full time residents of the UK are Ireland, aged between 4 and 8 years old on 31st October 2023. More details and full terms and conditions of entry can be found below:
Terms and Conditions
- The Nibbles Art Competition (the “Competition”) is organised by Little Tiger Press Limited in the UK and Kane Miller, a Division of Educational Development Corporation in the US.
- Entry implies acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Little Tiger Press Limited reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
- Little Tiger Press Limited reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of any circumstance that should arise outside Little Tiger Press Limited’s reasonable control.
- The competition is open to full time residents of the UK and Ireland, aged between four and eight years old on 31st October 2023. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested.
- The prize is not open to employees of the Little Tiger Press Limited and their immediate family.
- Entry implies agreement that the winner and parent/guardian may be required to take part in media interviews in late summer 2024 when the winner is publicly announced.
- The competition opens at 12.01 am on Friday 8th September 2023. The deadline for entries is 11:59pm on Tuesday 31st October 2023. Entries received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Entrants must submit a hand drawn picture of Nibbles (A4 portrait). This picture will form a small part of an interior library scene in the upcoming new book Nibbles: The Very Hungry Book Monster by Emma Yarlett.
- Entrants must email a picture of their entry to email@example.com. All entrants must provide the child’s name, age, the parent or guardian’s name, address, email address and phone number plus the name of the school which the child attends.
- Entries submitted in any other way will not be considered.
- The competition will be judged by Emma Yarlett and representatives of Little Tiger Press Limited from all eligible entries received by the entry deadline.
- If shortlisted, we will ask that the finished artwork is sent to the Little Tiger offices by recorded mail. Artwork will be returned to entrants in early 2024.
Conditions of entry
- All entries must be the entrant’s own original work. Little Tiger Press Limited will not be responsible for any infringements of copyright committed by entrants. Entrants must agree to indemnify Little Tiger Press Limited against any claim by any third party from any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entries must not contain offensive, obscene, defamatory, or other unsuitable material.
- Only one entry per person may be submitted.
- There is no purchase requirement to enter this competition.
- Acknowledgment of receipt of entry will be sent via email.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By submitting a picture, the entrant hereby agrees that Little Tiger Press Limited may display any and all entries on their website and social media platforms for a period of 12 months from the closing date of this competition.
- By submitting a picture and participating in the competition, the entrant hereby agrees to sign a release form and to assign copyright in the submission to Little Tiger Press Limited, and grant Little Tiger Press Limited non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, and transferable license and permission to use, store, copy, modify, publish, distribute, copyright, broadcast, display, combine with other materials, edit, alter, and/or reproduce the entry in any form of media anywhere in the world. You also agree to participate in marketing, media, editorial, commercial, advertising, promotional and/or publicity activity related to the competition.
- Little Tiger Press Limited grants the winner permission to share their entry on social media channels once the winner has been announced.
- Little Tiger Press Limited will not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Little Tiger Press Limited are not responsible if online service or equipment is interrupted including without limitation:
- interruptions to any network, server, internet, website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections
- failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment
- other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic
- the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information or the failure to capture any such information, or
- printing or typographical errors.
Selection of Winner
- Entries will be judged on originality, creativity, artistic skill and presentation.
- Shortlisted entrants will be notified by phone and email on 8th November 2023.
- Shortlisted entrants must respond by 10th November 2023 and agree to send in the finished artwork by 13th November 2023. Any entrant unable to do this will be disqualified.
- The winner will be notified in the week commencing 27th November 2023.
- The winner will be publicly announced in August 2024 ahead of the publication of Nibbles: The Very Hungry Book Monster.
- The winner and parent/guardian may be required for media interviews following the public announcement.
- The winner agrees not to disclose any details of their win on social media or any other public platforms until the public announcement has been made.
- The winning entrant will have their picture reproduced in Nibbles: The Very Hungry Book Monster by Emma Yarlett (publishing autumn 2024).
- The winner will also receive 10 copies of the book Nibbles: The Very Hungry Book Monster, a framed, signed print of the artwork by Emma Yarlett that features their picture (NB not the original artwork), and a Nibbles plush toy (prize approximate retail value: £255.89)..
- Two runners-up prizes of a signed copy of Nibbles: The Very Hungry Book Monster and a Nibbles plush toy will be awarded (each prize approximate retail value: £27.98).
- Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. Little Tiger Press Limited shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, postponements, substitutions, changes in services, damage in the delivery of the prize, and/or loss of any prize in connection with delivery of the prize via mail. In the event that there is an insufficient number of eligible entries, Little Tiger reserves the right not to award the prizes.
- By entering this competition, the entrant agrees to have their name, town/city and photograph published in the media, online and on social media channels managed by Little Tiger Press Limited.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent.Data relating to entrants will be retained by Little Tiger Press Limited until 31st October 2024.