Senior Designer – Children’s
Location: London, UK
Salary Description: Competitive
Closing date: 5th January 2022
Little Tiger Press is a dynamic publisher of innovative and stylish commercial children’s books and we have an exciting opportunity for a talented, efficient and creative Senior Designer to join our amazing team. If you are someone with proven years in children’s book design (preferably including picture books) with responsibility for developing appropriately targeted books for children, and delivering books from concept to production, on time and within a set budget, then we would love to hear from you. We’re looking for an outward-facing individual who will identify and bring new illustration talent to the list, and create exceptional, beautiful work.
– To pursue, nurture, inspire and develop both established and upcoming illustrators either directly or via agents, helping them create their most exciting work.
– To deliver clear, commercial briefs and art direction for all areas of the market.
– To design fantastic books with a strong, distinctive design voice and fresh, striking typography.
– To be a key part of the creative team in brainstorming and developing new ideas.
– To maintain accurate files and logs, meeting key deadlines and budgets.
– At least 4 years’ experience in children’s books.
– Relevant market, consumer, and trend awareness to help develop new commercial concepts.
– Exceptional flair for typography and book design.
– Ability to be creative in solving design problems.
– Excellent communication, organisational, time management and project management skills, plus flexibility to juggle multiple deadlines.
– Strong presentation skills, to be able to present design concepts, approaches and work in progress to various internal and external collaborators.
– Good knowledge of production processes.
– Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
To apply: email your CV and letter, including some samples of your best design work to date, and stating current salary, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header ‘Senior Designer – LTG’ by 5th January 2022. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Little Tiger Group is committed to employing individuals from varied and diverse backgrounds in order to build a team which reflects the different communities of our readers. We employ people based on their abilities, regardless of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality or socio-economic background.